They are also known as Speech-language therapist and speech pathologist.
Speech therapist assesses, diagnose, and treat problems with speech, language, swallowing and feeding.
They work with wide range of age group as well as conditions
- Infants and children with feeding difficulties (e.g. premature babies, children with cerebral palsy)
- Children with various speech and language disorders
- Children with autism and other learning difficulties
- Children with hearing impairment
- Adults with speech, language and/or swallowing difficulties following
- Stroke or brain injury
- Brain tumors
- degenerative neurological diseases (eg. Parkinson’s disease, motor neuron disease, dementia etc.)
- head and neck cancers